- Have you lost a beloved pet or been told that your pet has a life-threatening or terminal illness?
- Do you feel overwhelmed or devastated by this loss or terrified of the possibility such an impending loss?
- Do you feel depressed, anxious, stuck and frozen, in your grief, or hopeless and helpless about the possibility of ever being happy again?
- Do you feel heartbroken, isolated, withdrawn, misunderstood or unsupported by people around you who fail to understand what you are experiencing?
Do you wish you could talk to someone who could really hear, understand and help you resolve the emotional pain you are experiencing?
- What price are you paying by minimizing the suffering you are experience?
What price are those whom you love paying by you avoiding, denying or staying stuck in your pain?
Having had many special and beloved animals in my life over the years, many of whom have suffered from terminal illnesses and eventually succumbed to death, I know first hand how devastating this kind of trauma and loss really are. Having worked on my own issues, has profoundly deepened my work in this area. I have discovered that if grief, is not fully experienced and resolved, it becomes cumulative. Each unresolved experience of loss shapes the magnitude and the scope of the next grief experience. Each loss echoes all of the losses a person has experienced over their lifetime. The pain of grief can be even more intense to the extent that it evokes the memories and feelings of all of one's past losses." Examine one loss and you are likely to find another inside of it and then another inside of that one, all that grief repeating like a set of Russian nesting dolls" (Meg Donohue, Dog Crazy ).
During our sessions together, I will tailor highly effective coping strategies to help you move through the grieving process and fully resolve all of the present issues as well as all of the past issues connected to or triggered by such an immense loss.
I offer individual, couples and group Pet Bereavement Therapy, as well as phone and skype sessions. Please call today for more information about these services.
~ From Robyn Davidson's, "Tracks"